Building for the Future - Dell Children's Phase II
Dell Children's Third Bed Tower opened in May 2013!
Many special thanks to the many generous donors who helped make this project a reality. We are most grateful to the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation for their matching grant and to everyone who supported this much needed bed tower.
You can support the needs, supplies and maintenance of the new bed tower through a gift to the Dell Children's Endowment.
Here are just a few highlights of what the 3rd Bed Tower includes. Let's take a look!
- Medical Additions and Enhancement
- First dedicated pediatric Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit in Central Texas
- Expanded Bone, Joint and Spine program, including Sports Medicine
- Respiratory Unit for children and adolescents with severe asthma, cystic fibrosis and other pulmonary diseases
- Child Life Program and Space Expansion
- Dedicated classroom for patients to continue education while hospitalized
- Teen room with entertainment lounge, gaming area and recreation space
- Infant, Toddler and Young Child Playroom with dedicated space for little ones
- Added Family-Centered Amenities
- Family Lounge with Dedicated Laundry and Kitchen area
- Family Business Center so families can take care of life's necessities while focusing on what is most important – the care of their child
- “Smarter” patient rooms – technology in rooms will provide more efficient health care delivery while also enhancing the patient and family experience
- Nature and Art expansion
- Caregiver's garden and outdoor dining
- Tranquil water features and reflection areas
- Inspiring art additions